THURSDAY: MCY: PAST GLORIES
OPEN HEAVEN 14 JANUARY 2021 MEMORIZE: Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before. Philippians 3:13
OPEN HEAVEN 14 JANUARY 2021 BIBLE READING PHILIPPIANS 3:11-16
11. If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.
12. Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect; but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
13. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended; but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
14. I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
15. Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded; and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.
16. Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.
Read more at: https://rccgonline.org/rccg-fasting-and-prayer-guide-for-12-January-2021/
OPEN HEAVEN 14 JANUARY 2021 MESSAGE.
We have been examining the “Mathematics of Christ in You” (MCY) since January 11 and the ‘PG’ in the equation for Resistance stands for Past Glories.
Sometimes, people allow the beauty of the “good old days” to hinder Christ from working mightily through them today.
Some are so stuck in the past that they are unable to move on from there.
As we see from today’s memory verse, the Lord expects us to keep moving forward.
It doesn’t matter how glorious the past was, let it go! Luke 17:32 says “Remember Lot’s wife”.
It is a very brief sentence but one loaded with deep meanings.
Lot’s wife looked back simply because she was undecided about her past.
Christ cannot operate in the lives of many people today for the same reason: they keep on looking back.
Occasionally, some ‘believers’ see the advert of a beer brand and say “Hmm, thank God for salvation”.
What does that mean? An urge to drink?.
When some believers are offended, they say “If not that I have given my life to Christ, I would have shown you that I am a tiger.”
Oh, so you are having thoughts of fighting with the fellow? Are you really sure that your life has been given to Christ?.
If you keep looking at the past, you might end up going back. In Luke 9:62, Jesus Christ said clearly:
…No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.
When you study the armour of God as listed in Ephesians 6:13-17, you will see that there is no protection for the back.
This is simply because you must not look back. The moment you turn around, you have given the enemy a very clear chance to destroy you.
True soldiers of Christ, those who God will dwell in and do exploits through do not look back. They forget the things that are behind and press on for more.
They spend time studying the word of God and live by it. They pray for long hours and are committed to spreading the gospel.
They don’t go round boasting about what they achieved yesterday, instead they are always talking about how much more they want to do for God. Determine to do more for God from today.