OPEN HEAVEN 17 NOVEMBER 2021 MEMORIZE: Lay hands suddenly on no man, neither be partaker of other men’s sins: keep thyself pure. 1 Timothy 5:22
READ: CHRONICLES 18:28-34 (KJV)
28. So the king of Israel and Jehoshaphat the king of Judah went up to Ramothgilead.
29. And the king of Israel said unto Jehoshaphat, I will disguise myself, and I will go to the battle; but put thou on thy robes. So the king of Israel disguised himself; and they went to the battle.
30. Now the king of Syria had commanded the captains of the chariots that were with him, saying, Fight ye not with small or great, save only with the king of Israel.
31. And it came to pass, when the captains of the chariots saw Jehoshaphat, that they said, It is the king of Israel. Therefore they compassed about him to fight: but Jehoshaphat cried out, and the LORD helped him; and God moved them to depart from him.
32. For it came to pass, that, when the captains of the chariots perceived that it was not the king of Israel, they turned back again from pursuing him.
33. And a certain man drew a bow at a venture, and smote the king of Israel between the joints of the harness: therefore he said to his chariot man, Turn thine hand, that thou mayest carry me out of the host; for I am wounded.
34. And the battle increased that day: howbeit the king of Israel stayed himself up in his chariot against the Syrians until the even: and about the time of the sun going down he died.
DON’T AID AND ABET SIN
Many Christians today are partaking in other peoples sins knowingly or unknowingly. It is unfortunate that those who indulge themselves in aiding and abetting sinful lifestyles fail to realise that, not only are they partaking in such sins along with the sinners, they would also be partakers of the punishment.
When you serve alcohol to your guests, you are not only encouraging the sinful act, you are also as guilty as the drinkers! Trading in alcohol as a child of God is even worse.
Habakkuk 2:15 says: “Woe unto him that giveth his neighbour drink, that puttest thy bottle to him, and makest him drunken also, that thou mayest look on their nakedness!”
In our Bible text today, we read about how Jehoshaphat – the King of Judah, partook in the sin of his friend – the King of Israel and was almost killed. But for divine intervention, Jehoshaphat would have died in the battle that was not his.
The Bible says: “As the mountains are roundabout Jerusalem, so the Lord is round about his people from henceforth even for ever. For the rod of the wicked shall not rest upon the lot of the righteous; lest the righteous put forth their hands unto iniquity.” “Psalm 125:2-3”
We as children of God must cease being partakers of the sins of unbelievers, so that we will not suffer their punishment with them. Do not enter into a business partnership with people who do not share the same values with you.
Partnering with someone who does not believe in tithing or someone who does not have a problem with cutting corners will only get you into trouble down the road.
Are you aiding and abetting sin in anyway? Repent today and prayerfully share what the word of God says about such sins with the concerned persons. I join my faith with yours and declare that as you obey, God will save such persons and hold you blameless, in Jesus name.
KEY POINT: Examine your life carefully and repent from all actions and inactions that encourage other people to commit sin.