OPEN HEAVEN 14 NOVEMBER 2021 MEMORIZE: Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly; nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. Psalm 1:1
READ: 2 Corinthians 6:14-18 (KJV)
14. Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers; for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
15. And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
16. And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
18. And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
A NEW CREATURE!
Ungodliness is not a 21st century problem but an age-long one. It is however unfortunate that the ungodly appear to be prospering, even in ministry. Those who have compromised godly standards appear to be the crowd pullers internationally. As a result, many Pentecostal preachers have compromised their faith, forgetting that today’s memory verse instructs us not to walk with the ungodly, stand with sinners nor sit in the midst of the scornful. Noah was a man who distinguished himself in his generation.
The Bible says that as perverted as his world was, he decided to live in the fear of the Lord with his entire household. The Bible says in Genesis 6:6 “It repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart” but went on to say in verse 9 of the same chapter “These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God”. Evil is still rampant today and it is very important that children of God abstain from all appearances of evil so as not to grieve the Almighty God. In today’s Bible reading, Apostle Paul is down-to-earth in his admonition to us not to keep company with the ungodly. He makes his position known to us that he sees no resemblance in the life of the godly and that of the ungodly. In other words, there is no resemblance between living holy and a worldly lifestyle.
The difference is clear, according to (1 John 3:8,10): He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil… In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doesth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother. The world is full of the ungodly and they are the enemies of God. We live in their midst and they consistently try to entice us to sin against our God. The Almighty God is speaking to us today to come out from among them. For those of us who have come out in genuine repentance but may be thinking of going back; don’t. For those still in sin, the command of God to you today is to get out of that worldly lifestyle and surrender to His lordship. Please note that God can only be a Father to those who have set themselves apart for Him (2 Corinthians 6:17-18).
REFLECTION: Examine your life and the company you keep. Does the lifestyle of your friends glorify the name of your God? If not, come out from their midst and begin to live for God.