OPEN HEAVEN 9 MAY 2021 MEMORIZE: For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease. Job 14:7
OPEN HEAVEN 9 MAY 2021 BIBLE READING 2 KINGS 4:1-7
1. Now there cried a certain woman of the wives of the sons of the prophets unto Elisha, saying, Thy servant my husband is dead; and thou knowest that thy servant did fear the LORD: and the creditor is come to take unto him my two sons to be bondmen.
2. And Elisha said unto her, What shall I do for thee? tell me, what hast thou in the house? And she said, Thine handmaid hath not any thing in the house, save a pot of oil.
3. Then he said, Go, borrow thee vessels abroad of all thy neighbors, even empty vessels; borrow not a few.
4. And when thou art come in, thou shalt shut the door upon thee and upon thy sons, and shalt pour out into all those vessels, and thou shalt set aside that which is full.
5. So she went from him, and shut the door upon her and upon her sons, who brought the vessels to her; and she poured out.
6. And it came to pass, when the vessels were full, that she said unto her son, Bring me yet a vessel. And he said unto her, There is not a vessel more. And the oil stayed.
7. Then she came and told the man of God. And he said, Go, sell the oil, and pay thy debt, and live thou and thy children of the rest.
OPEN HEAVEN 9 MAY 2021 MESSAGE
When God steps into any situation, He turns things around.
God can transform a debtor to someone who lends to nations, He can turn a destitute widow to the richest person in her community.
There is a beautiful story in the Scripture reading of today; it illustrates how God can change anyones story provided the fellow is obedient.
When you have an encounter with God, you only need to carry out the divine instructions given to you for your story to become a reference point of the wonders of God.
The widow who had lost all hope, had an encounter with God through His prophet, Elisha and her story changed for good.
We can learn a few things from her. You would see that she desperately cried for help.
Beloved, if any hopeless fellow will receive aid from the Present Help in trouble (Psalms 46:1), such a person must cry to God in desperation.
God is eager to intervene in the affairs of those who will cry unto Him for help. Jeremiah 29:13 says:
“And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.”
Anyone who makes the effort to seek God will surely find him.
However, as long as you decide to manage without crying to God in prayer, you will remain in your present condition.
When you are truly tired of your situation, like the woman in the Bible reading of today, you will cry out to God in desperation.
The Bible did not say the widow had a chat with Elisha, rather it says that she cried unto Him because she was in desperate need of a miracle.
She did not murmur before the prophet, neither did she grumble to attract his attention nor seek the sympathy of the people.
Instead, she cried out for divine intervention, got Heavens attention and her problem was permanently solved.
As you cry to God today, He will answer you and every hopeless situation in your life will turn around for good.
Hope will rise for you and you will sing a new song of victory in the mighty name of Jesus.
OPEN HEAVEN 9 MAY 2021 KEY POINT
Cry unto God today and ask Him to intervene in your situation.